Dr. August Oetker Nahrungsmittel KG has a programme to promote work-life-balance and reconciliation of work and family.
Examples for measures are:
- Adapted working hours
- Various models forpart-time workandhome-office opportunities
- Assistance for those returning to work after parental leave, in cooperation with an independent consulting and placement agency
- Support in searching for different care facilities
- Holiday camp for kids aged 6 to 13 years
- Nursery and daycare places in Bielefeld and pediatric emergency care, consultation, information and, where appropriate, assistance in finding a care facility for family members in need.
- Recognition of voluntary work done by employees through the programme “Hand in hand for voluntary work”. Since 2011, the company offers donation (money or goods) to charity or non-profit organisations where their employee is a volunteer. Employees may submit their application. As a pilot project at the headquarters, “Hand in Hand” was perceived well and is since 2013 open for all employees at all undertakings.
- Continuous expansion of operational health management.
- Create best conditions for employees